Loaded Cauliflower Casserole consists of steamed cauliflower topped with cream cheese and sour cream.
Cauliflower has never tasted better than in this casserole. This casserole is creamy, and delicious with bits of smoky, bacon in every bite. You’ll want to eat seconds, maybe thirds. For vegetarians, you can leave out the bacon. This is so delicious!
Cook time: 30 Min
Prep time: 15 Min
2 lb cauliflower florets, cut in bite-size pieces
1 box cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
1/2 c sour cream
1 1/2 c sharp cheddar, finely shredded
1 1/2 c Monterey jack cheese, finely shredded
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
6 slice crispy cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
1/4 c chopped fresh chives (reserve one tablespoon for the top)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Steam cauliflower until fork tender; approximately 10 minutes. Drain well in colander.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
3. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until creamy and smooth. Gently stir in cauliflower, 1/2 of the bacon and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon into a casserole dish and top with remaining bacon. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Top with remaining chives and serve.