- 4 (4 oz each) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (1 pound total), see prep tip
- A little salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg white (⅛ cup)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- ½ cup bread crumbs, I used Panko bread crumbs, see shopping tip
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth, see shopping tip
1. Place the chicken breasts on a plate. Season chicken with a little salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour.
2. Beat the egg white with milk in a shallow bowl. Toss breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in another shallow bowl.
3. Dip each piece of chicken in egg white mixture, coating both sides and dredge in bread crumb/Parmesan mixture and set aside. Continue with the rest of the chicken.
4. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil and melt over medium-high heat. Add the 4 breaded chicken breasts, cover pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and crispy. Turn chicken over, add remaining tablespoon butter to pan and swirl around to melt. Cover pan, turn heat down to medium and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken to a serving plate.
5. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan and heat for about 2 minutes over medium heat until pan sauce is slightly reduced.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving, 1 chicken breast
Today it seems most packaged chicken breasts weigh more than 4 ounces each. If the breast is larger or too thick, slice in half lengthwise through the entire piece to create 2 breasts.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5