“This snack cake is a good use for that bumper zucchini crop!”
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs, lemon rind, and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in shredded zucchini.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the zucchini mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined; mix in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool. Sprinkle cake with sifted confectioners’ sugar and cut into bars.
- Sprinkle top with sifted confectioners’ sugar and cut into bars.