This cake is so wonderfully moist! I love lemon-flavored cakes, so I did double the amount of glaze. The results were fantastic – a must for any lemon lover!
This is a decadent.. moist.. and incredibly flavorful recipe! I do hope you try it.. love it.. and use it again and again!
Cook time: 1 hr Prep time: 20 Min Serves: Depends on how big you make the slices!
To Make this Recipe You’Il need the following Ingredients:
1 1/8 c oil
1 1/2 c milk
2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp butter extract/flavoring
2 1/4 c sugar
3 c flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
GLAZE (I ALWAYS DOUBLE.. AND ALWAYS ADD MORE LEMON THAN CALLED FOR!)
1/4 c lemon juice, fresh
3/4 c powdered sugar
1 tsp butter extract/flavoring
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. WET INGREDIENTS: Beat eggs, oil, milk, almond extract, and butter extract/flavoring in one bowl.
3. DRY INGREDIENTS: SIFT the sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and poppy seeds into a bowl.
4. Add the ingredients together in 3 increments.. (thirds) mixing between each addition.. into another bowl and mix together and thoroughly.
5. Take a bundt pan.. grease it down really well with cooking spray.. really really well.. flour the bundt pan really well, and pour in your batter. Tap the pan on your counter to release any bubbles out of the batter mixture, and pop in a preheated oven!
6. Bake for about an hour.. until the top starts to crack, and is golden brown.. and looks really tasty! It might need a few more minutes.. you never know, each oven is different!
7. While your beautiful bundt cake is baking.. make your glaze.. I always double this recipe.. and add quite a bit more lemon juice than is called for.. just mix it up..dump everything in..and mix well..
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake.
8. (I always put the pretty part of the cake down.. the bottom of it soaks up more glaze.. and it’s MUCH tastier!) Once your cake is done.. with a HOT cake.. take a chopstick.. and poke holes all over.. be generous.. show this cake some LOVE! All over.. and when you think you’ve poked enough.. show it some more love and add a few more! Double your glaze.. add more lemon.. and pour slowly and carefully over your tasty, upside down, hole riddled, bundt cake. Next, have a slice while it’s warm! (with a glass of milk!) and try to stay out of it! Enjoy!