Recipe By: P. Tindall
“A light, refreshing, and easy to make pie. It’s one of my summer favorites.”
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, water, lemon peel and juice, and egg yolks in a saucepan. Beat well. Stir while cooking over medium heat until thick; it will thicken just as it starts to simmer.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add cream cheese to lemon mixture, and stir until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; add remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Fold sweetened egg whites into lemon mixture.
- Spoon filling into shell and chill.