- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, diced (½ medium onion)
- 2 cups carrots, shredded (5 oz)
- 2 cups celery, diced (5-6 stalks)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 28 oz can reduced-sodium diced tomatoes
- 28 oz can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained + rinsed
- 15 oz can northern beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz ditalini pasta
- Brown the turkey in a large deep pot. Season with salt and pepper. Drain fat. Remove turkey and set aside.
- In the same pot, add onion, carrots, celery and green bell pepper. Saute on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, both beans, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and browned turkey. Stir well and let simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Boil water and cook ditalini pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and add to the meat mixture. Cook for another 5 minutes and serve!
Serving: (1 cup)
Saturated Fat: 0g