This is a very satisfying soup. My son has never cared for cabbage but he loves this soup. He ate 2 bowls of it the first time I made it and requests it quite often now.
Cook time: 8 Min
Prep time: 15 Min
Serves: 4 – 6
1 md head cabbage (roughly cut)
1 c water or chicken broth (the cabbage will produce more liquid as it cooks)
1 pkg your favorite smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 – 5 md potatoes (peeling optional) cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
1 md onion, halved and then cut into 1/2” slices
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 stick butter or margarine
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste, optional)
2 tsp garlic salt with parsley (or to taste)
2 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
1. ALWAYS BE SURE THE POT IS PLACED INTO THE BASE BEFORE ADDING ANYTHING!!!
2. Mix the cayenne pepper, garlic salt and black pepper together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Add the water and cabbage to the bottom of your pressure cooker pot liner.
4. Cut 4 tablespoons of butter and place it on top of the cabbage. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon spice mixture.
5. Add the smoked sausage.
6. Add the potatoes, onion and minced garlic. Sprinkle with remaining spice mixture. Place the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter on top.
7. Close and lock the lid and set the vent to ‘sealing’.
8. Press the Manual/Pressure Cook button and set the timer for 8 minutes .
9. When it is finished, do quick release.