- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups hot strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla in a glass measuring cup. Make a well in center of the dry ingredients and gradually pour in the milk mixture, stirring until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Dissolve brown sugar in coffee; spoon over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes; serve hot or warm.
Makes 12 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 142 calories; 5 g fat; 18 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbs;
2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 204 mg sodium
4 Pointsplus, 6 Smartpoints