I’m not sure when or why this idea first popped into my head. It might have been the ultra-fluffy hibiscus sorbet I made a couple years back or the ice cream-like quality of a freshly made frozen fruit smoothie but whatever it was, I’m now convinced that homemade soft serve is about the easiest, most delicious creation I’ve made in a long time.
First of all, it is guilt-free on all accounts. It is made from, count ’em, three ingredients, is vegan, gluten-free, and is ready to eat in about 10 minutes. I mean, what’s not to like? I’m a genius, right?!!!
- 2 cup frozen Pineapple chunks
- 8 oz frozen Whipped Topping (like Cool Whip)
- 3 tbsp Honey or 2 tbsp Sugar
- 6 oz Pineapple Juice
- Blend all ingredients in strong blender or food processor until whipped.
- If mixture is too runny, add 1/4 cup ice and process further.
- Too look more like a creamy whip, transfer mixture to piping bag with star tip and pipe into cups.