These are so good. I got this recipe from my step daughter!
Cook time: 30 Min | Prep time: 2 Hr | Serves: 24 buns or 2 loaves
6 c all-purpose flour, divided in half; plus an additional 1/2 cup flour
3 large eggs
2 c pineapple juice, room temperature
3/4 c sugar or Splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 pkg yeast (.25 oz each)
1/2 c butter, melted (8 Tbsp)
1. In a small bowl beat your eggs.
2. Add the pineapple juice, sugar, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix well.
3. Put 3 cups of flour into a large bowl.
4. Stir in your egg mixture until well combined.
5. Sprinkle in the yeast packets, one at a time, mixing well.
6. Add the remaining 3 cups of flour and mix well. If it becomes to difficult to stir with a wooden spoon, just use your hands! Make sure all of the flour is well incorporated.
7. The dough should be tacky to the touch but not overly sticky. If it appears too wet, sprinkle in a bit of extra flour. Just a tablespoon or so at a time.
8. Cover your bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Set it in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
9. Remove your dough from the bowl and knead in an additional 1/2 cup of flour. I kneaded mine 10 to 15 times, making sure the flour was well incorporated.
10. Form the dough into rolls or loaf and place in buttered pans.
11. Cover and place in a warm place to rise until the dough doubles in size. If making rolls, let rise for 1 hour. For loaves, let rise for 90 minutes.
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Homemade King Hawaiian Rolls or Loaf 13. Brush tops with melted butter. Serve warm.