My late husband loved my homemade bumpy noodles. so he called them. His grandmother shared this recipe with me. The noodles are very tender.
Cook time: 1 Hr 30 Min Prep time: 1 Hr Serves: 6 -8
4 – 6 chicken thighs
1 small chopped onion
1/2 c chopped celery
2 tsp each seasoning salt and pepper
1 3/4 c all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
5 large eggs
1/2 c milk
additional flour for rolling out
1. In a large pot place chicken, vegetables, spices and water to cover 4 inches over meat.
2. bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered until meat is tender.
3. pull chicken pieces out of pot and drain in colander over a bowl to catch juices. let cool
4. remove skins and tear meat off bone. put meat back in pot. proceed to making the noodles.
5. In a large bowl, combine flour, granules and baking powder.
6. add eggs one at a time, blending in well.
7. stir in milk
8. at this step you may need to add more flour. The dough should not be too stiff
9. turn chicken pot on and bring it to a boil. You will be adding noodles to the hot liquid as it cooks.
10. On a floured board, dust liberally with additional flour and rolling pin.
11. place about 2/3 cup of dough at a time on the flour and knead some in to make it easy to roll out.
12. roll out thin and using a pizza cutter make strips your desired widths. Using a large sharp knife, lift a few noodles at a time into boiling pot. stir frequently and repeat this step until all noodles are in pot.
13. cook 20 minutes, slowly, stirring frequently. season to taste.
14. serve by themselves or with mashed potatoes.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!