- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, sprinkled with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped finely or minced
- zest from 1 medium orange
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- steamed rice, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden- about 4 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side until cooked through- about 4 more minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and wrap with foil to keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan; stir and bring to a boil; continue to stir and boil until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Return the chicken to the skillet; spoon the sauce over the chicken to coat. Serve chicken over rice, if desired, with sauce drizzled on top.
- Nutritional information per serving (1/4 of the chicken/sauce- does not include rice): calories: 250, fat: 5.6g, sat fat: .4g, cholesterol: 98mg, sodium: 327mg, potassium: 94mg, carbohydrates: 11.3g, fiber: .6g, sugar: 3.9g, protein: 38.4g
- SmartPoints: 6, PointsPlus: 6