- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound waxy potatoes, such as Yukon gold or baby red, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the potatoes, garlic, thyme, and rosemary, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir, and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 3 minutes more. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Turn heat up to high and add remaining butter. Season steak bites liberally with salt and pepper, add to pan, and let sear for 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking steak until browned and cooked to desired doneness.
- Add potatoes back to skillet, stir and top with parsley and chives.