Recipe By: Lainey
“I came up with this recipe because I always enjoy pickles on the side with my basic grilled cheese sandwich. So one day I decided just to put my pickles on the sandwich in addition to some other favorite ingredients. I think it turned out really delicious!”
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 dill pickle, sliced
- 2 thin slices Vidalia or other sweet onion
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of butter. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place one bread slice butter-side-down into the skillet, and top with the Cheddar cheese, pickle slices, and onion. Place the remaining slice of bread butter-side-up onto the sandwich. Cook until crispy and golden brown on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes.