- 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and liquid squeezed out
- 2 sliced whole wheat bread (I used Weight Watchers)
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 red onion, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped (less if using dry)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh spearmint, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- about 1 tsp worth of olive oil cooking spray
Wet bread with water, squeezing excess out. Tear into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Combine with turkey, egg, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, mint, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
Using a 1/4 cup measure, form each meatball 1/4 cup in size. For best results,refrigerate before cooking to help hold their shape.
In a pan: spray olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan and cook over low heat.
On the grill: clean grill well before cooking and spray grate with oil. Cook on low until cooked through. Makes about 17 meatballs.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 4 meatballs • Points +: 6 pts • Smart Points: 6
Calories: 254.7 • Sat Fat: 4 g • Fat: 11.2 g • Protein: 26.8 g •Sucre: 2g • Carb: 13.4 g • Fiber: 3.7 g