“My great grandma’s recipe (duh). The combination of confectioners’ sugar and cake flour makes them really melt in your mouth. Don’t try to double unless you’ve got a really big mixer!”
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the cake flour, then fold in the pecans. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 19 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool cookies completely before rolling in additional confectioners’ sugar. If you are storing the cookies in a tin, add remaining sugar to the tin.