My Granny was well known for her wonderful cakes. This coconut cake is just one of them. I can’t help but think of her while making this. I wish that I could just have one more day with her. She is teaching the angels how to cook now!
Cook time: 25 Min Prep time: 5 Min Serves: 8 -12 Depends on how you slice it. 🙂
1 c butter
2 3/4 cake flour
1 c buttermilk
1/2 tsp coconut flavoring
2 c sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
1. Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift dry ingredients together and add to cream mixture, alternately with buttermilk.
4. Stir in flavorings.
5. Bake in 3 or 4 greased and floured round 9 inch cake pans.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until test done.
7. Cool and Ice with Granny’s Never Fail Frosting.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!