My mother has been making this cake for 30 years. It takes minimal time to prepare and is so very moist!
1 1/2 c sugar
2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 can(s) crushed pineapple in its own juice (including juice), 20 oz.
1 c brown sugar
1 c chopped pecans
1 c evaporated milk
1/2 c sugar
1 stick margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix the sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, eggs, and pineapple together. Pour into a 9 x 13″ pan.
2. Sprinkle the top with one cup brown sugar and one cup chopped pecans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
4. Cook the following ingredients until mixture comes to a rolling boil: 1 cup evaporated milk, 1/2 c sugar, 1 stick margarine, and 1 tsp of vanilla.
5. After the cake has baked and right out of the oven, pour the cooked milk mixture over the entire cake. This is so delicious!!!
6. Should be kept refrigerated. This cake does freeze nicely.