- 1 envelope unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed chicken gumbo soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimentos, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Lightly grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan or other mold. Set aside.
- Add cold water to a medium bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the top to soften. Add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add soup, mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, pimentos, lemon juice, salt and cayenne and mix well. Pour into prepared loaf pan or mold.
- Chill until set, at least 3 hours. “Serve with ripe olives, slices of hard cooked eggs and asparagus spears.” Enjoy!