- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, white and brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and salt with an electric mixer on high for 5 minutes. The batter should become thick and creamy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and add in the melted chocolate. Continue mixing until well combined.
- Stir in flour and cocoa powder, until just combined. Cover the bowl and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, drop batter in 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized scoops onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until edges are set but center is still soft, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet. Enjoy!