These simple fried zucchini chips could be eaten on a plate. The batter is light and crunchy. Panko adds a crunch to zucchini. The coating becomes super crispy by pan-frying with just a little oil. Yum!
Cook time: 15 Min
Prep time: 10 Min
Serves: 2 to 4 people
2 – 4 md fresh zucchini
2 lg eggs
1 – 1 1/2 c Panko bread crumbs (plain or italian)
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp fine chopped parsley
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
FOR FRYING: vegetable oil or butter or both
FOR DIPPING: 1 c ranch or blue cheese dressing or marinara
Tips: We found frying these in small batches worked best. If you do that, you’ll need to add more oil between batches.
1. Slice the zucchini into medium-thick slices. Then place them on a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk together.
3. Add remaining ingredients (except dip) into another bowl and mix together until well blended.
4. Take a slice of zucchini and dip into the egg.
5. Shake it off gently and then place into the Panko bread crumb mixture and dredge it or take a handful of bread crumb mixture and pat on the top of zucchini until nicely covered.
6. Set it on a plate. Repeat until finished.
7. Now, heat up a pan on medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil or a pat of butter, whichever you prefer. Wait until it is hot and then place zucchini slices in the pan.
8. Fry until nicely browned on each side. It could be from 4 – 7 minutes.
9. Take out and place on another plate that has a paper towel on it to absorb any extra oil. Repeat until finished with the slices.