Cook time: 1 Hr
Prep time: 15 Min
6 slices bacon (chopped)
1 large onion (diced)
1 large head cabbage (cored and sliced)
1 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. paprika
1. Place the bacon in a large stock pot and cook over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon and save to add at finish.
2. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion caramelizes; about 10 minutes.
3. Immediately stir in the cabbage and continue to cook and stir another 10 minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes more.
5. When cabbage is tender, crumble and add the bacon and serve.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!