Recipe By: Kathi Richards Smith
“This is a different twist on asparagus, sure to please and have them coming back for more!”
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Discard grease.
- Melt butter in the same skillet.
- Cook and stir asparagus and shallot with salt and black pepper in melted butter and bacon. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus mixture to a platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.