Nutrition: calories 233, fat 3.7, carbs. 58.1, fiber 5.9, protein 8.1, Weight Watchers points 8
Amazing Flourless Chocolate Molten Cake
Makes 4 mini cakes
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 4 ounce jar baby food applesauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (I like superfine sugar, you can find this in most food stores
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Dutch processed in this recipe to make it extra dark and fudgy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder (this is very important in the recipe because it really brings out the chocolate flavor)
- 2 Tbsp Hershey chocolate sauce
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Fresh strawberries raspberries for garnish (optional)
- 4 tbsp aerosol whipped topping
- Generously mist 4 ramekins with cooking spray. Place them side by side in an 8 inch baking pan. Add water to the pan until it reaches halfway to the top of each ramekin. Be sure not to get any water in the ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, applesauce, vanilla, sugars, chocolate sauce until well blended.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the bowl of wet ingredients so there are no lumps along with the espresso powder and salt. Stir again until combined and make sure there are no lumps.
- Divide evenly among the ramekins.
- Bake anywhere between 24-30 minutes. The tops will puff slightly and a wooden skewer or toothpick will come out somewhat wet.
- Remove from the oven and be careful not to spill the water in the ramekins.
- Lift each one out and place them on a cooling rack to let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- After, take a plate and place on top of each ramekin and turn over.
- Let it stand like that for 1-2 minutes then lift the ramekin up and it should slide out. If they don’t come out easily, run a thin knife around the edges to help it along. Cool for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and garnish with some fresh berries.