10 minutes is all you need for all this flavor.
Looking for an easy and delicious side dish that won’t take you more than ten minutes? I think the answer to that is always. Well, Firehouse Green Beans are all those things and more. This recipe dresses up a couple of cans of green beans in a seriously yummy way (think bacon and garlic and parmesan cheese), so it comes in handy when you don’t want to run out to the store but still want to get your veggies in. (And it doesn’t hurt that those veggies happen to be totally delicious.)
Serves 4; 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 (29 oz) cans French cut green beans, strained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter and then add garlic, shallot, and bacon. Cook until bacon is mostly cooked, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, increase heat to medium, and cook until hot, stirring frequently.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve. Enjoy!