- 4 cups rice chex cereal
- 4 cups corn chex cereal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line 1-2 large baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Place cereals in a large bowl and set by your workstation. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in baking soda, then pour mixture over cereal.
- Toss everything together until evenly coated, then transfer cereal to lined baking sheet. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the cereal and transfer baking sheet(s) to oven.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then flip cereal over and cook for another 2-3, or until cereal is golden brown.
- Remove mixture from oven and let cool, then break up cereal and store in an air-tight container.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!