They’re just SO cheesy!
The name “Delmonico Potatoes” is much fancier than the dish really is. It’s just hashbrowns and cheese sauce. The sauce is made from scratch, so it tastes distinctly different from store-bought sauces. It really makes you feel special, the moment you taste it. This is a perfect dish for any time of the year and any occasion. It’s easy to make too no matter when you serve it.
This is a simpler version of the original recipe from New York’s Delmonico Steakhouse. But it tastes every bit as delicious and indulgent. The original recipe called for diced potatoes and bread crumbs but all you need is hashbrowns and cheese sauce.
10m prep time
1h cook time
- 1 (32 oz) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread potatoes out evenly in pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, heavy cream, dry mustard, salt, garlic powder, parsley, and black pepper. Place over medium-low heat and add cheese, stirring frequently until cheese melts.
- Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and bake, uncovered, until edges have turned golden brown, about 60 minutes. Enjoy!