I joined the new group in JAP and all these recipes being made in a crock pot got me to thinking maybe my smothered chicken could be cooked in a crock pot too. It was a success.
Cook time: 3 Hr
Prep time: 15 Min
3 large chicken breast halves
2 c swanson 100% fat free low sodium chicken broth
1/4 c gallo family wine, pinot grigo
1/4 c heavy cream
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp italian seasoning
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
2 clove grated garlic
1. Clean the breast of all excess skin and fat. Lay on cutting board cut into ( I was able to yeild 4) parts .
2. In Crock Pot pour in 2 cups of broth and wine. Place the chicken into the pot.
3. In a bowl pour in heavy cream and 2 Tbls. of flour and mix until no lumps are in the cream. Pour into the pot over the chicken.
4. Grate the garlic into the pot and add all seasoning at this point
5. Place cover on crock pot turn to high and let cook 3 hours or check to see if the chicken is tender and done before cutting off crock pot. I cooked on high because I was home to watch and see how it was cooking and wanted to have it done quick. All crock pots vary in temperature of cooking so you will need to adjust according to your type of crock pot.
6. This makes a very tender breast and the sauce is very good poured over rice or mashed potatoes. I even mash cauliflower up for my meal to take place of potatoes and pour this sauce over them. If you prefer a thick gravy with your meal then remove the chicken, dip out some of the sauce in a bowl and mix maybe about 1 Tbls more of flour and mix till no lumps in mixture and pour back into the sauce and let heat and stir till thick as you would like it to be. I do use as a sauce and make stuffing with my meal too.
7. You will see egg noodles in the picture but I do not recommend them with this sauce. It did not compliment this dish at all. You really need to serve over rice or potatoes or mashed cauliflower if you are watching your carbs and weight.