1 package (14 oz) firm tofu
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
Dash crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Stack 2 paper towels on work surface. Cut tofu in half crosswise. Cut each half into 6 pieces. Arrange tofu on paper towels; let stand 10 minutes to drain. Pat top of tofu dry.
- In large bowl, stir together 1/2 cup orange juice, the soy sauce and Sriracha sauce. Add tofu; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to marinate.
- Place cornmeal in another large bowl. Remove tofu from marinade; discard marinade. Dredge tofu in cornmeal, coating each piece thoroughly. Arrange in single layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn tofu pieces over; bake 10 minutes longer or until hot and crisp.
- To make sauce, mix 1/4 cup orange juice and hoisin with whisk until blended. Sprinkle pepper flakes over top. Serve tofu with sauce.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories 180, Calories from Fat 40, Total Fat 4 1/2g, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 170mg, Potassium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g, Protein 10g