yield: 2 SERVINGS
- 2 (6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried chopped/minced onion (I’ve seen it called both, found with the spices)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the breasts from the side (creating a top and bottom) almost all the way through. Open each breast at the slit and place 1 oz cream cheese inside. Spread cheese across the surface and close the breast, folding the top half back over the cream cheese.
- Place the stuffed breasts in a Ziploc bag and add the flour. Lightly flip the bag around until chicken is coated with flour. Place the beaten egg white in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, salt and garlic. Remove each rolled breast from the flour bag and dip it in the egg white, turning to coat. Then move the coated breast to the dish of seed mixture and coat it on all sides.
- In a small skillet, add the oil and bring over medium-high heat. Add the stuffed and coated chicken breasts to the pan and cook for about 1 minute until the seeds on the bottom are golden. Flip the breasts and cook for another minute on the other side. Transfer the breasts to the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through.
333 calories, 8 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 13 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 45 g protein, 1 g fiber
POINTS PLUS: 8