“This is a heavy, dense, extremely good pound cake.”
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs two at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the flour all at once and mix in. Add vanilla.
- Pour into a 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check for doneness at 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into center of cake will come out clean.