- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, optional
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil and book for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in oats, vanilla and salt (and peanut butter, if using) and stir vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined and coated.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to drop equal amounts of “batter” onto parchment paper.
- Let cool and set for 10-15 minutes. Refrigerate to speed up the process.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an air-tight container for 7-10 days.