Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted tomato paste
- 1 ounce diced pancetta
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- Prepare the sauce: Place onion, celery, carrot and garlic in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Add tomato paste and pancetta; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add turkey, and cook 4 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add onion mixture, salt, red pepper, oregano and black pepper to the pan, and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk and basil; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 13×9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the filling: In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella and egg.
- Assemble the lasagna: Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared dish. Arrange 3 noodles over the sauce; top with half of the remaining sauce and half of the ricotta mixture (I spooned it on and gently spread it over the noodles). Repeat layers once, ending with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella evenly over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. If your cheese is not golden brown already, you can preheat the broiler and broil the lasagna for 2 minutes (mine was already toasted, so I skipped this step). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/8th of the recipe), Calories: 364, Fat:13.2g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Sodium: 644mg, Fiber: 3.8g, Protein: 30.9g, Cholesterol:75mg, Carbohydrates: 31.4g