Have been having so much zucchini out of our garden that I’ve been developing new ways to use it……..here the newest recipe I’ve created. It turned out to be a winner!!! Everyone loves it. This would also be good with your favorite glaze, but it is sooooooo moist you really do not need anything more than the dusting of powdered sugar. I would venture to say, this is the most moist cake I’ve ever eaten…yummm!!! This is from a couple of years back…I created this in ‘2009’ (pix are from the first time I baked it, but not the last). Zucchini is about read to be picked in my garden, so I’ll be making this again the summer.
Cook time: 55 Min Serves: 8 to 12 (depends on size of slices)
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
2 Tbsp butter, melted
8 oz sour cream (room temp)
1/3 c ex virgin olive oil (would have used applesauce..but i was out)
1 box (18.25 oz) duncan hines moist deluxe yellow cake mix
1 box (3.3 oz) white chocolate jell-o instant pudding mix (dry)
1 dash(es) cinnamon
1 dash(es) nutmeg
1/3 – 1/2 c splenda
2 c shredded zucchini (fresh from our garden)
1/4 – 1/3 c orange juice w-some pulp (100% juice, not from concentrate)
(SOMETIMES I ADD SHREDDED CARROTS INTO THIS RECIPE BATTER; ALSO I HAVE ADDED CRUSHED PINEAPPLE TOO)
1/2 c shredded carrots, if adding
small can(s) drained, if adding
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your Bundt Pan well, then lightly flour whole pan. Sprinkle a little Splenda around bottom of pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine first 10-ingredients, mix on medium speed with electric mixer until blended (may be thick and lumpy, but that’s ok).
3. Add zucchini and orange juice, then mix on med-high for 1 or 2 minutes (shouldn’t be lumpy anymore).
4. Pour into the greased and floured Bundt pan (with a little splenda sprinkled around the bottom of pan) and bake for 55 minutes at 350°F.
5. When time is about up, check for doneness with toothpick inserted in middle, when it comes out clean remove pan from oven to a wire rack (mine was finished in the 55 min’s).
6. Let cool for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from pan and set cake on wire rack (or cake plate) until completely cooled.
8. After cooled dust w-powdered sugar..and enjoy
9. I made this one in 2006 adding shredded carrots into the batter and topping it off with a glaze. Sometimes I go all out and put in the shredded Zucchini, Carrots and Crushed Pineapple. I love changing up this cake…….yum yum (for some reason I have not been able to add pix on JAP for several days now)
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!