I made this cinnamon roll cake on Easter for my grandchildren and they loved it, so did I.
Cook time: 30 Min
Prep time: 15 Min
Serves: depends on the sz
3 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 c sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick butter
1 1/2 stick butter, softened not liquid
1 c brown sugar
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 c confectioners’ sugar
5 Tbsp evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray with flour. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Alternate adding the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture. Mix well; this batter will be thick.
4. Mix in vanilla.
5. Spread this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
6. Mix together the topping, 1 1/2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
7. Drop spoonfuls of the topping on the cake.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. Check on it near the end to make sure the oven temps are the same. A toothpick inserted should come out of the cake part mostly clean.
9. When it comes out of the oven, mix the topping ingredients.
10. Drizzle topping over warm cake. Let sit for a few minutes to soak it in.