Recipe By: Lori Dehn
“These are technically Mexican Wedding Cakes or Russian Teacakes, but my grandmother gave up on us calling them that years ago!”
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting, or as needed
- 1/4 cup finely crushed peppermint candy canes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream the butter with 1/2 cup of the confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla. Mix in the flour, pecans, and salt. Roll about 1 tablespoon or so of dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until bottoms are golden, about 15 minutes. Do not allow these cookies to get too brown: it’s better to undercook them than to overcook them. While cookies are still hot, roll them in confectioners’ sugar. Once they have cooled, roll them in confectioners’ sugar once more.