- 400 g Roast Turkey, Skinless, (based on 100g per serving, cut from a 6.5lb oven-ready bird)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 500 g Potato(es), Raw, scrubbed
- 4 medium Parsnip(s), raw, halved lengthways
- 1 serving(s) Sainsbury’s Butcher’s Choice Pork Sausagemeat, 100g
- 1 medium Shallots, finely chopped
- 25 g Breadcrumbs, fresh
- 2 teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 4 individual Prunes, (12 prunes)
- 3 rasher(s) Streaky Bacon, raw, stretched with knife and cut into 4
- 450 g Brussels Sprouts, boiled
- 3 medium Carrots, raw, sliced
- 350 g Cabbage, shredded
- 4 teaspoons Gravy granules, dry
- 4 tablespoons Cranberry Sauce
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Black pepper
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F. Remove giblets from turkey.
- Position whole turkey in large roasting pan. Cover loosely with foil. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Reduce oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F. Roast turkey, covered with foil, for 2 1/2 – 3 more hours, basting occasionally.
- Put oil into separate roasting tin. Add potatoes and parsnips. Toss to coat. Season. One hour before turkey is done, put into oven.
- Mix sausagemeat, shallots, breadcrumbs and dried herbs. Season and shape into 8 balls. Put in baking dish, cover and roast for 30 minutes.
- Wrap prunes in bacon. Put in baking dish; roast for 20 minutes.
- Check that turkey is thoroughly cooked by piercing thickest part of its thigh with a skewer. If juices run clear, it is cooked, but if there is still a trace of pink, it needs extra time. Before carving, allow the bird to rest for 15 minutes, covered with foil to keep it warm.
- Whilst turkey is standing, put sprouts and carrots on to cook. Cook the cabbage lightly, then make the gravy.
- Carve turkey, serve with roast potatoes, vegetables, stuffing balls, bacon-wrapped prunes, gravy and cranberry sauce.