It’s no secret that we’re huge fans of casseroles around here. What’s not to love about a hearty meal that can be dumped into a casserole dish and thrown right into the oven? Half an hour later, dinner is ready for the whole family.
However, sometimes the same old casseroles get a little boring. Even some of our most beloved dishes – like tater tot casserole – seem bland after a while. That’s why we love finding new and interesting ways to serve up unique versions of the classics.
Chili Cheese Dog Tater Tot Casserole
Serves 10-12; 10 minutes prep, 30 minutes cook time
- 8 hotdogs, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 (15 oz) cans chili (with beans)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (28 oz) bag frozen tater tots
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and top with 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the tater tots on top of the cheese layer and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the baked casserole and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is slightly crispy on top.