Non-Stick cooking spray
1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
1 tbsp cooking oil
(1-1/2 lbs) boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, cubed
1/4 cup chopped onions
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
2 (14-1/2 oz) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
1/4 cup cup soy sauce
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 cup flour
1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 3 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Rinse wild rice; place in a large saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir
6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onions and mushrooms; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until onions and mushrooms are tender. Drain wild rice. Add to mixture in Dutch oven.
4. In a large bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, hot sauce and flour; blend well. Stir into chicken mixture in Dutch oven. Add water chestnuts; cook and stir until mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Pour into sprayed casserole.
5. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir in almonds; cover and bake an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Yield: 8 Servings
Serving Size: 1-1/4 cups per serving
Weight Watchers PointsPlus+ = 8
Weight Watchers SmartPoints = 8
Nutrition Information: Calories 330, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 1g, Fiber 4g, Carbs 34g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 890mg, Protein 28g, Sugars 3g, Iron 15 %DV, Calcium 4 %DV