My family loves meals that have a kick. This was no exception – the kids loved it. My husband added a little more jalapeno on his, but it had just the right amount of spice for me. (Oh, and it’s SO cheesy!)
This is a great, comfort dish. My sister gave me the recipe and I tweaked it to fit my family’s taste. My friends also request this when we have pot-luck dinners. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with a salad and hot garlic bread. You’ll be a hit with everyone.
Cook time: 30 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 4 – 6
To Make this Chicken Spaghetti You’Il need the following ingredients:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb Velveeta cheese, regular or mexican
1 can(s) Rotel tomatoes, regular or hot
1 lb spaghetti pasta
1 stick butter
1 can(s) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, red or green, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil chicken breasts in a large pot adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper to water.
2. Remove chicken when completely done, about 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Boil spaghetti pasta in remaining broth according to package directions.
4. Drain pasta after done and discard water. Set aside the pasta…Do not rinse.
5. Melt the butter in that same (empty) pot and saute the onion and bell pepper.
6. Add tomatoes, soup, cooked chicken (cut into bite-size pieces) and spaghetti to the sauteed onion mixture, one at a time, and gently mix together.
7. Add cheese and stir together, mixing well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat until cheese is melted thoroughly, stirring occasionally to keep from scorching.
8. SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with a salad and hot garlic bread.