“This is comfort food at its best! Yum!”
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice (such as Uncle Ben’s (R))
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cut into chunks
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can French-cut green beans, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender but not mushy, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid, fluff the rice with a fork, and cook uncovered 5 minutes more.
- While the rice cooks, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until completely browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Combine the rice, chicken, green beans, mushroom soup, and mayonnaise in a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes.