- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (15.25 oz.) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, sliced thinly into pats
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Spread cherry pie filling in an even layer across baking dish.
- Spread crushed pineapple carefully on top, then sprinkle all of the cake mix on top of pineapple layer.
- Top cake mix with an even layer of butter pats, trying to cover as much cake mix as possible, then top with walnuts.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before serving.