Yields: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cooked and pureed winter squash
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked according to the package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the shallots and cook until soft. Add the flour and cook until browned and smooth, about 4 minutes. Stir in the milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for 1 minute. Add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg and turn off the heat. Stir in the squash, Parmesan and half the cheddar and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add the noodles to a square baking dish and pour the sauce over top. Top with the remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Points Plus: 8
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Sodium: 410 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 15 g