If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe, you can’t go wrong here…It’s simply hard to resist and sure to be a family favourite…Just give these quesadillas a go !!!
I USE FOR THE RECIPE :
– Lean ground beef: 1 lb.
– Onion: 1 (chopped)
– Carrot: 1 (grated)
– Garlic: 2 cloves (finely chopped)
– Fresh chili peppers: 2 teaspoons (seeded and finely chopped) * You can use 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) of Tabasco sauce too
– Chili seasoning: 2 teaspoons
– Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
– Tomatoes: 2 (chopped)
– Fresh cilantro: 1/4 cup chopped (parsley is also fine)
– White flour tortillas: 8 large
– Mozzarella cheese: 1 1/4 cups shredded
1. Start by cooking ground beef in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat over medium-high heat. And please break up with a spoon until it has lost its pinkish hue, it takes around 5 minutes. Degrease the pan.
2. You’ll want to add onion, carrot, garlic, chili pepper, chili seasoning, and salt.
3. After that, you need to cook over medium heat, stirring often, until onion is softened, it takes around 4 minutes. You can then add tomatoes and cilantro, stirring.
4. Make sure about 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the ground beef filling is spread on half of each tortilla. Immediately sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and fold the unfilled portion of the tortillas over the ground beef filling.
5. At this point, you shuld spread quesadillas on two baking sheets with rims then place one baking sheet on the upper rack of the oven preheated to 400 degrees F (200�C) and the other on the lower rack. Once done, bake until quesadillas are crispy (invert and rotate baking sheets halfway through baking), it takes around 10 minutes. Finally, cut quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately & ENJOY !!!
– Calories: 724/serving
– Protein: 43 g/serving
– Fat content: 29 g/serving
– Carbohydrates: 73 g/serving Fibre: 6 g/serving