Recipe By: ANGELLACHELLE
“This simple, sensational marinade and sauce for grilled chicken features lemon, garlic, rosemary, and butter. Separate the marinade into thirds: 1/3 for marinating, 1/3 for basting, 1/3 for topping.”
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, thoroughly blend together the butter, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pour 1/3 of blended mixture into a small bowl for marinade. Cover remaining mixture, and set aside.
- Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Rub chicken breasts with the marinade mixture. Place chicken breasts on a platter, cover, and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate. Pour half of the reserved rosemary and lemon mixture into a bowl for basting. Cover remaining mixture, and set aside for topping cooked chicken.
- Grill chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side, basting with rosemary and lemon basting mixture. Remove chicken breasts from grill, and top with small scoops of the remaining topping mixture.