Recipe By: Jaja Million
“This rice pudding is tasty and a very easy to make for breakfast or dessert. It is also gluten-free.”
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups instant white rice (such as Minute(R))
- 1/2 teaspoon butter (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir rice, butter, and salt into water until the butter melts. Cover saucepan and remove from heat. Set aside until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract into the rice; bring to a simmer over medium heat while stirring; cook until the rice has the consistency of loose oatmeal, about 5 minutes. Ladle pudding into bowls and dust with cinnamon.