Recipe By: REBECCA B.
“These cheesy, deep fried broccoli snacks are so tasty, and great for parties. Everyone loves them.”
- 5 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (16 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place broccoli in a medium saucepan with 1 cup boiling water. Return to a boil. Cook covered until firm but tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the Cheddar cheese. Mix in the broccoli. Allow the mixture to cool and thicken approximately 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture onto a large piece of wax paper.
- Form the broccoli cheese mixture into balls and roll in the bread crumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Deep fry the balls until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.