“This is a great salad for picnics or potlucks! This version of broccoli salad uses more vinegar and less mayonnaise than most recipes. This gives you a slightly different, healthier option when choosing your next side dish. It’s best if you wait until right before serving to add the dressing to keep bacon crisp.”
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Tear bacon into small pieces.
- Combine broccoli, bacon, sunflower seeds, and green onions in a bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar together in a bowl; pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.