This is a really fun recipe activity for the kids to help in the kitchen!
Serves: 2 mini loaves or 1 full size loaf
- 3 C all purpose flour, divided
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 (.25) package rapid rise yeast (2¼ tsp)
- 1 C warm water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- In a resealable plastic bag place 1 C flour, sugar and yeast and add in warm water.
- Squeeze air out of the bag and seal.
- Squish with your hands until well mixed together.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature. Bubbles will form.
- Open bag and put in 1 C of flour, oil and salt.
- Seal bag again and squish until well blended.
- Add last cup of flour and continue mixing in the same manner until well blended.
- Remove dough from bag and put onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes or until smooth.
- Divide dough in half and place each half into a greased mini loaf pan. Or make one large loaf
- Cover with a towel and allow to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until bread is golden brown.