These cheesy beef chimichangas are absolutely delicious !! The combination of ingredients makes the best dinner you’re hubby will beg you to make it again !! Best of all you can always adjust it to your taste. Fun fact, your pregnant butt really needs to stop watching these at night 😅 !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
Ground beef: 1 (400 gram)
Chi Chi Fiesta Restaurante Seasoning: 1 (198 gram) packet
Water: 80 liters
Grated Monterey Jack cheese: A bowl with a capacity of 3/4 liter container
Flour tortillas : 15 of 30 cm
Green peppers: 227 grams, 57 cans of 113 grams (do not drain)
Beef broth: 1.5 teaspoon
Onion powder: 3/4 teaspoon
Garlic powder: 1 1/2 teaspoons
Cornstarch: 1 tablespoon
Green onion bunch: 1 (sliced)
HOW TO PREPARE IT :
1. In the beginning, brown the ground beef, drain and stir in the fiesta restaurante seasoning mixture and 130 liters of water. Immediately simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. Evenly distribute the meat over the tortillas (0.33 from the bottom of the tortilla). Repeat this with the cheese.
3. Now, you need to roll a tortilla, begining at end with the meat / cheese.Once done, fold ends back also finish rolling.
4. I always use toothpicks or a blending of flour and water to seal them to, so that to hold the toritilla together.
5. brush with vegetable oil or butter and bake in the center of the oven at 400 ° C for 25 minutes.
6. Finish under the broiler until golden brown, it takes around 2 to 3 minutes.
7. The last step is to serve with the sauce on top, garnish with a dollop of sour cream and sliced green onions. Personnally, I prefer to serve with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes or sautéed beans.